Watching the X Games leaves me in awe. These non-traditional athletes are pioneers in their field, they have to go full speed ahead every single try. I aim to be more like this in my life. If I take it to the extreme, never thinking about the consequences, will I find more success? I think so. Zig Ziglar said, “If you don’t see yourself as a winner, then you cannot perform as a winner.” Every day I need to go all out and expect success. Matthew 11:24 says, “Therefore I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you receive them, and you will have them …”. If I’m in God’s will, He will find favor with me. The confidence that God is behind me will allow me to aim for the top! Today I am thankful for the strength and the courage to Go For It! Watch out world, today I will be working hard and expecting miraculous results.
Notes from the Joyce Meyers series
I was listening to a series on Itunes Podcast: Joyce Meyer, Enjoying Everyday Life. The series is called, “Power Thoughts”. It is excellent and free and I recommend everyone listen for themselves, but I wrote down the top 10 things that I need to “think on purpose” everyday….
1. I am in right standing with God. (don’t feel guilty! Forgiveness is given, sin washed away.)
2. I will not bow down to fear. (fear is not from God, the seed of doubt is from the devil. Bible says it 365 times!)
3. I am able to do whatever I need to do in life. (If it’s God’s will, it will not be too hard, You can do all things!)
4. I always have a positive attitude. (repeat, repeat, repeat!)
5. I promptly obey God. (We can easily talk ourselves out of things….)
6. I don’t make decisions based on my feelings. (Let’s be stronger than our emotions!)
7. I am a very generous person. (Give it all away. Start everyday with, “Who can I bless today?”)
8. I am very careful about what I say. (Guard your words, think before you speak; etc.)
9. I treat people the way I want to be treated. (#1 thing found in 1 Peter 4:8 ~ LOVE ONE ANOTHER)
10. I enjoy every moment of my life. (again, don’t feel guilty. Enjoy the blessings. Share the love.)
One of my favorites was, “I will not gossip”. If you tell yourself every day “I will…” or “I will not…” (insert your personal struggle), then when the situation comes up, you will be less likely to react based on your emotions….
I’ve read a lot of books about the power of positive thinking that were not Bible based and felt the new age thing called me to rely on myself. This never sat well with me. So Joyce’s series has a lot of the same ideas and principals only they are backed up with scripture and talk about positive thinking in line with God’s will. A major difference.
Anyway, if you do listen to it and want to chat, I’d love to hear your thoughts and any book/ podcast suggestions from others’ are more than welcome.